Review: Cafe Andaluz

12-15 St Vincent Pl, Glasgow G1 2DW



Cafe Andaluz

https://www.cafeandaluz.com/restaurants/glasgow-city-centre

This restaurant has a lovely feel to it. Starting with the decor - you are transported away from a dark Glasgow night to sunnier climes! Cafe Andaluz always seems to be busy (sometimes quite noisy with everyone talking away)! Vast range of tapas, of which we’ve tried many over the years and never been disappointed. The company have a chain of these restaurants now expanding as far as Aberdeen.

Staff:


The staff were perfectly pleasant. They took my order and brought me food quickly with a smile , they were also very attentive without being in your face and were very helpful and knowledgeable about the wine list. 

Food:

I went with a friend on a Wednesday afternoon and we got 2 tapas dishes each, on arrival we weren't too hungry however on the drive home we were wishing we ordered more, there’s plenty of little dishes to hum and ho over. And that isn’t an easy thing for me to say as someone who can be a teeny bit picky.

The first dish was the classic calamari rings with smoked paprika mayonnaise. This was a lovely dish however the calamari rings were a little too crispy and slightly rubbery. 


My second dish was the 'Tajine de Codero' or to you and I, Lamb shoulder slowly cooked in Paprika, this is a delicious option, with rich gravy skilfully infused with tangy fruit and North African spices. I would definitely get this on the next visit.




Left feeling satisfied, my experience at Cafe Andaluz was very good, restaurants come and go but like that familiar hotel you always go to, with the friendly face at the door, Café Andaluz is that old favourite at the end of the street.





Comments

  1. This is fantastic, gave a new meaning to the word food. I my self am also an avid food lover. My favourite is a deep fried big sausage surrounded by lots of mayo... ohhhh I can taste it now, the warm sauce dripping down my face. Oh take me back to that big sausage mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment